How to Get a Handle on Filler Words in Your Vocabulary
Filler words. They’re a pesky tic that everyone uses. But if overused, filler words can undermine the potential for your success. We use them to take up space in a conversation, give us time to think up a response or simply because it’s a habit we’re not even aware of.
In this episode of Communicate with Confidence, I’m sharing the different types of filler words and how you can (and should) eliminate them from your vocabulary. It’s become an epidemic and the types of filler words you use can be a dead giveaway for your age and your confidence.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- My own least favorite filler word(s) and how it’s changed over time
- The four types of filler words
- The one filler that all women seem to use and why we need to stop
- Tools you can use to get rid of the filler words
- The connection between filler words are similar to a profanity
Mentioned in this Episode:
Molly McPherson, M.S., APR, combines her knowledge of current communication practices with years of news and PR experience to develop the right plans and messaging for clients to protect and build their reputations. Molly founded the Communicate with Confidence Leadership Training Program and frequently speaks on crisis communications, public relations and social media.
Listen + subscribe on Apple Podcasts