How to Lead In a Time of the Coronavirus: Seven Ways to Inspire Confidence
You can’t make it very far in March 2020 without seeing some kind of news article or social media post regarding COVID-19. This also makes it very easy to identify the leaders who get it, and the ones who are missing the mark.
Whether a leader is doing an admirable job by pivoting their message as needed, or a poor job due to lagging communications, people are taking notice.
In this episode, I’m going to discuss seven different tactics that leaders can implement right now to inspire confidence during the COVID-19 crisis.
- Lead with Compassion: Find out what this might mean for you and how it’s changed over the years.
- Lead with Communications: Learn why now, more than ever, a senior communicator is well worth the investment.
- Lead with Flexibility: Here are the tactics you can use to show how proactive and flexible you are as a leader.
- Lead with Information: Learn how much information you should be sharing during a crisis.
- Lead with Speed: Find out how to show proactive sharing starting today.
- Lead with People in Mind, Not Profit: Get help figuring out how your specific industry can also support your community.
Mentioned on the episode:
- Get the COVID-19 Communication Response Kit – an online resource for business communications in response to COVID-19.
- Institute for Public Relations Study – COVID-19: How Businesses are Handling the Crisis
- Video Interview with Julia Joy, Z Group PR, How CEOs Can Lead the Way Through a Crisis
- How CEOs Can Lead the Way Through a Crisis, [Article] by Julia Angelen Joy & Jocelyn Brandeis
- CEO Sean Vanslyke, SEMO, Coronavirus Storms SEMO Electric Cooperative [Video]
Connect with me on Twitter and let me know how your top takeaway from this episode.