Help! I lost my voice. Now what?
It can happen to anyone. You’re out of town at a conference or event, and less than 24-hours before you’re set to take the stage for a talk, your voice decides to completely give out.
Without access to your kitchen or a pharmacy full of remedies, what can you do? Canceling isn’t an option, but luckily there are a few ways to get your voice back just in the nick of time. Trust me, I know from personal experience.
What not to do:
- [7:51] 1: Shh
- [8:52] 2: Thank you, Carol Brady.
- [9:15] 3: Grab this tool.
- [9:32] 4: Choose your beverages wisely
- [10:18] 5: Don’t sing us a song, Piano Man.
What to do:
- [11:25]1: Get help.
- [11:59] 2: Seriously, shh.
- [12:10] 3: Take a couple of these.
- [12:31] 4: Drink up.
- [13:27] 5: Decaf.
- [13:55] 6: An oldie but a goodie.
- [14:19] 7: Get steamy.
- [15:04] 8: Ask your hotel for one of these.
- [15:36] 9: Chew on this.
- [15:47] 10: Don’t do this — it’s a big myth.
- [17:15] 11: Keep a cup of this on stage.
- [17:49] 12: Don’t yell.
- [18:07] 13: Address the obvious.
- [18:56] 14: The importance of planning ahead.
Mentioned on the episode:
- Check out the tips I received when I asked my Twitter followers for help with recovering my lost voice. Look for the week of March 1st.
© Molly McPherson 2020