As seen on NBC News, exploring the phenomenon of manufactured outrage and how it is used by celebrities and brands to generate buzz and profit. Molly discusses her contribution to the broadcast news story about the business implications of this practice, as well as its impact on politics and culture.
We take a look at the intersection of celebrity, marketing, and social issues. We’re back to Dylan Mulvaney and Bud Light, as well as a discussion on Meghan Trainor (rightfully) being lectured by teachers.
Key Points From This Episode:
- Bud Light fallout intensifies over trans partnership (NBC News, April 26, 2023)
- Meghan Trainor Apologizes After Criticizing Teachers (TikTok, April 23, 2023)
Follow Molly McPherson:
- Listen and Subscribe on Apple Podcasts
- Indestructible: Reclaim Control and Respond with Confidence in a Media Crisis
- Indestructible: Reclaim Control and Respond with Confidence in a Media Crisis – Audio Book
© 2023 Indestructible PR Podcast