Social media has revolutionized the way we communicate, connect, and consume information, and will continue to do so. The world of social media is ever-changing and, as we enter the next generation of social media, we need to adapt and learn new ways to respond to social media crises. In this episode, you’ll learn about the ways in which social media is changing, with the predicted proliferation of deep fakes and the ever-increasing influence of bots.
You’ll discover how to determine the best platform to target and how to respond to a crisis, as well as the ultimate key to navigating social media. Tune in to find out the appropriate crisis response for the new bot-driven world.
Key Points From This Episode:
- Today’s topic: How to navigate the next generation of the social media crisis.
- The challenge of navigating the ever-changing world of social media.
- Axios writer Eleanor Hawkins’ take on the evolution of social media crises.
- The unique nature of social media crises on different channels.
- The move to short-form video on all social media platforms.
- How to determine how to respond to a crisis.
- The proliferation of deep-fake technology.
- The algorithm challenge and the influence of bots.
- The future of the social media crisis and the appropriate crisis response for the bot-driven world.
- How to determine the best platform to target.
- The key to navigating social media: using it.
The social dilemma, social media crisis, bots, algorithms, deep-fake,
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
The Social Dilemma Program
Axios: Global Twitter conversation around mis- and dis-information by Eleanor Hawkins.
© 2023 Indestructible PR® Podcast
Follow Molly McPherson:
- Listen and Subscribe on Apple Podcasts
- Indestructible: Reclaim Control and Respond with Confidence in a Media Crisis
- Indestructible: Reclaim Control and Respond with Confidence in a Media Crisis – Audio Book
© 2023 Indestructible PR Podcast