Today, the Golden Globes 2023 edition of the Indestructible PR® Podcast takes a look at the people and the brands that haven’t successfully overcome their PR crises of the past and examines what the ceremony reveals about their failings. Tune in to find out why these brands still haven’t recovered a year later and discover some helpful tips to avoid becoming a PR loser.
Key Points From This Episode:
- Today’s topic: How the Golden Globes sheds light on the brands that haven’t successfully overcome their PR crises.
- Why Will Smith was still the biggest PR loser of the night.
- The backstory of what happened between Will Smith and Chris Rock last year.
- What Will Smith should have done immediately after last year’s incident.
- The current state of Will Smith and his brand and what this indicates about his PR response.
- Why Will Smith’s video apology wasn’t enough.
- Why the Hollywood Foreign Press Association was also a PR loser.
- Tom Cruise as a PR loser and the backstory behind this.
- The Indestructible PR® tip for the day about managing PR crises.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
© 2023 Indestructible PR® Podcast with Molly McPherson
Wanting a little more than what you see on TikTok? Join me on Patreon for extended content, exclusive podcast episodes, and regular Crowdcast chats. If you’re an aspiring PR pro or already working in the field, you can access professional monthly webinars, discounts on 1:1 sessions, and upcoming programs. Join me on Patreon!
Follow Molly McPherson on social media:
© 2023 Indestructible PR Podcast