These days news happens in milliseconds and with the social media algorithms functioning the way they do, a negative comment can result in a disruption that can damage your public image in a very short space of time.
This episode takes a look at the public relations strategy that effectively got two of Molly’s clients out of crises. It breaks down the three elements of the ‘Social Media Checklist’ and covers why you need to consider the intent of the person attacking you or your brand, the different intentions someone may have for attacking you, and whether you should delete a post or reply to it.
You’ll learn what to consider when responding to a post like this, why you want to reply early, and why you should build your statements around key messaging. It also explains exactly how the Indestructible PR® response framework can be implemented into your response to make for an indestructible reputation.
Key Points From This Episode:
- Patreon and other platforms where Molly engages with her followers.
- A question from one of Molly’s Patreon subscribers about what Molly does behind the scenes.
- How what Molly talks about on TikTok translates into her work.
- The definition of a social media disruption and how this is different from a crisis.
- The social media disruption checklist that Molly created for one of her clients.
- How she applied this same checklist to the disruption faced by another client.
- The three elements of the Social Media Checklist.
- Why you need to consider the intent of the person attacking you before replying.
- The different types of people who may attack or challenge you on social media.
- Why Molly’s belief that you should never delete anything on social media has changed.
- What to delete and what to respond to.
- Other things to consider when responding to a post like this.
- Why you want to reply early and what to consider as you draft your response.
- Why you should build your statements around key messaging.
- How to implement the Indestructible PR response framework into your response.
- The importance of monitoring all your social media channels when navigating a disruption.
- The Indestructible PR® tip for the day about not taking things personally.
More from Molly:
Wanting a little more than what you see on TikTok? Join me on Patreon for extended content, exclusive podcast episodes, and regular Crowdcast chats. If you’re an aspiring PR pro or already working in the field, you can access professional monthly webinars, discounts on 1:1 sessions, and upcoming programs. Join me on Patreon!
Follow Molly McPherson on social media:
© 2022 Indestructible PR Podcast