This week’s podcast discusses the anger algorithm and why social media platforms favor aggression, enraged behavior, and the shaming of people. It looks at the 60 Minutes episode “Angry in America,” what it reveals about the combative ecosystem of social media, and why you should watch it if you are a business leader or someone involved in communication.
Our Indestructible PR Tip discusses how you might be able to hack the social media algorithm to stop the negative commentary.
Key Points From This Episode:
- The 60 Minutes episode “Angry in America” and what it revealed about the social media algorithm.
- Why you should watch it if you are a business leader or someone involved in communication.
- The concept of shaming people online and how it relates to anger.
- Why you should factor in that people may not watch the whole video.
- Thoughts on when it’s okay to shame someone and when it is not.
- The Indestructible PR tip for the day about hacking the algorithm.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- 60 Minutes: Angry in America
- Indestructible: Reclaim Control and Respond with Confidence in a Media Crisis
- Indestructible: Reclaim Control and Respond with Confidence in a Media Crisis – Audio Book Listen and Subscribe on Apple Podcasts
Wanting a little more than what you see on TikTok? Join me on Patreon for extended content, exclusive podcast episodes, and regular Crowdcast chats. If you’re an aspiring PR pro or already working in the field, you can access professional monthly webinars, discounts on 1:1 sessions, and upcoming programs. Join me on Patreon!
Follow Molly McPherson on social media:
© 2022 Indestructible PR Podcast