While you may think it’s unlikely that you will end up on a live television interview, with webinars, streaming, short-form videos, and other channels, there are so many opportunities for you to find yourself on screen.
This episode breaks down five tested prep tips for appearing on camera for a live interview on very short notice, from the perspective of someone who understands this experience well.
Hear about how Molly ended up on NOW Tonight with Joshua Johnson at short notice, and how she prepared herself for this. This podcast explains why you should keep it simple and interview with three talking points. It also covers how to dress, how to frame yourself, why you should smile, tips on how to overcome your nerves and everything you should keep in mind if interviewed on screen.
Key Points From This Episode:
- Why this episode is relevant to you, even if you think you’re unlikely to be on a television interview.
- How Molly ended up on NOW Tonight with Joshua Johnson at short notice.
- Why you should keep it simple when prepping for an interview like this.
- How to dress for a broadcast interview.
- Why you should interview with three talking points.
- Why you should always prepare and never wing an interview like this.
- The importance of remembering to smile when you are on camera.
- Why you should keep framing in mind if you’re being interviewed online.
- The importance of thinking quickly on your feet.
- A tip to overcome your nerves.
- The Indestructible PR tip for the day about the one thing Molly forgot in her live interview.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Wanting a little more than what you see on TikTok? Join me on Patreon for extended content, exclusive podcast episodes, and regular Crowdcast chats. If you’re an aspiring PR pro or already working in the field, you can access professional monthly webinars, discounts on 1:1 sessions, and upcoming programs. Join me on Patreon!
Follow Molly McPherson on social media:
© 2022 Indestructible PR Podcast