For all of social media’s ills, there’s an equal amount of things to love.
When I think of Emily Rose, I think of a light, fun, intellectual, critically thinking millennial who has deservedly exploded on TikTok. Not only that, she also has a wildly popular podcast called It’s Become a Whole Thing, and a book deal with Simon and Schuster!
As a social media influencer speaking on behalf of the hoi polloi, Emily is as much a crisis communicator as I am, and today she and I are diving into the world of Bennifer, Taylor Swift’s private jet story, what you need to know about Vanderpump Rules, and our differing opinions on Will Smith’s future. If pop culture is your “Superbowl,” trust me when I say you don’t want to miss this one!
Key Points From This Episode:
- What led Emily to the world of social media as a career path.
- Emily shares the evolution of her journey as a social media influencer.
- The (very exciting) book Emily will release next year.
- How to use Patreon.
- No Reddit?
- Bennifer’s public relationship; the focus of one of Emily’s first viral videos.
- The Taylor Swift private jet story (and why Emily is currently not speaking to her).
- Details coming out now about the Johnny Depp and Amber Heard case.
- The Vanderpump Rules symposium Emily created.
- What you need to know about Vanderpump Rules.
- Our differing opinions on Will Smith’s future.
- Indestructible PR tip.
“TikTok is a response to the glossy perfection that we’ve all gotten pretty disenchanted with.” — Emily Rose [0:07:55]
“You don’t have to feel ashamed that you’re not always grateful and wanting to do sun salutations. You really can just let it all hang out and be your messy, petty self.” — Emily Rose [0:10:45]
“Everything in pop culture right now is geared towards early 2000s nostalgia.” — Emily Rose [0:18:12]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
It’s Become a Whole Thing Podcast
Listen and Subscribe on Apple Podcasts
© 2022 Indestructible PR Podcast