What happens when self-help influencers can’t seem to help themselves?
In the spring of 2020, Rachel Hollis announced her divorce from her husband of 14 years, Dave Hollis. Neither Hollis has yet to recover from the PR fallout triggered by that announcement.
From a viral bikini photo to a failed book tour that led to a two-hour manic rant, what transpired from a business and PR perspective that negatively impacted the joint Hollis brand?
In this episode, David Irwin, a marketing and social media expert from Toronto (via Ireland), joins the discussion about the unraveling of the Hollis brand, business, and marriage.
Mentioned in this episode:
- Watch the Podcast Livestream on YouTube
- #PRLunch Hour on Twitter Spaces. 12pm ET every Friday.
- Girl, Wash Your Timeline (NY Times, 29 April 2021)
- “They aren’t scars ladies, they’re stripes and you’ve earned them.” – Facebook.com/Rachel Hollis
- Rachel Hollis keynote at Rodan + Fields Conference (September 2018)
- Rachel Hollis keynote at UK Arbonne (September 2018)
© Molly McPherson 2022