A media interview could lead to one of three outcomes:
- You nail it.
- You get through it.
- Your poor performance creates its own crisis.
Knowing how to prepare for a media interview increases the likelihood of a positive outcome.
Listen to a few of the mistakes we found in recent media interviews and livestreams to learn how to succeed in your next media interview.
- The guffaw that turned a serious message from a member of the U.S. Cabinet into a joke.
- Don’t call your own press conference on a whim on the side of the road, like Alec Baldwin.
- Make sure the news you share on the Today Show is accurate and does not infringe on trademarks.
Mentioned in the Episode
- 115: The One Word That Will Stop a Crisis Dead in its Tracks
- 158: How to Respond Publically to a Tragic Event of YOur Own Doing: Ten Steps to Control the Narrative During a Crisis
- Alec Baldwin, wife Hilaria, speak on-camera for 1st time about ‘Rust’ shooting.
- Dave Hollis Live Instagram, October 30, 2021
Need help writing a crisis response for your organization?
Click HERE to download your Crisis Communication Rapid Response Checklist, a 10-point plan that guides you through communications, especially when it comes from within your organization.
Listen + Subscribe on Stitcher or Apple Podcasts