Communicating Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
Thank you for participating in this episode of the Confident Communications Podcast.
On March 17, 2020, I am releasing an episode about best practices for organizations, along with the consultants who support them, responding to COVID-19 on the Confident Communications Podcast.
The target audience is small to mid-size businesses (SMBs) that do not have the resources of larger organizations that likely have response plans and web pages already in place.
I am creating a “Survival Toolkit” for #SMBs to use to communicate with consumers and employees that includes a communication plan template, website wireframe, and social media best practices.
The episode outline:
- Assessing COVID-19 impact to your organization or business.
- Creating a communication plan.
- Creating a landing page as a resource for information about the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) outbreak.
- CEOs leading the way in their response; employees & consumers.
- Employee communication & wellness.
- PR best practices
I want experts (I’m looking at you!) to weigh in on one of the bullets above with the following prompts:
- The advice I would offer a small to midsize businesses …
- In my experience …
- A communication plan should have…
- If there is one thing to remember, it’s …
- The key to communicating with your employees …
- What a business needs to consider in the response to the coronavirus
The instructions are simple: Share a 90-second to two-minute blurb into your computer using headphones with a mic. If no mic is available, you can use the external speakers on your computer.
I will include your name in the episode, show notes, social media, and backlinks within the blog post.
If you were sent the link, it means I highly value your wisdom and PR acumen. I hope you can offer a contribution to this topic on the podcast.
COVID-19 is our rising tide, PR Folks.
Everyone needs us right about now.
I am grateful for this community of PR and crisis management professionals.